"Any arbitrary turn along the way and I would be elsewhere; I would be different." ~ Frances Mayes








After losing 112 pounds in almost a year and a half, I have come to realize how very much I was missing. I may be Late to the Party, but I am doing my best to catch up in my own unique way!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Home Tour Tuesday - Week 2 - Deck the Halls

Getting out my Christmas ornaments each year is like saying "Hello" to old friends I haven't seen in quite a while.  I love decking the halls!

Welcome back to the second day of my Christmas House Tour.  As I mentioned last week, I am Christmas crazy and just want to share my insanity over all things Christmas with you.  Before we venture further into the house, today I want to feature my front door and the entry.


Remember the lifelong quest for snowshoes I mentioned several weeks ago?  And the snowshoes that I found at a garage sale?  I always had this mental image in my head about what I would do to showcase them and where I would put them.  Don't you love it when an idea comes to fruition and looks EXACTLY like you envisioned?  Ah, such is with the snowshoes.  The biggest decisions I had to make were how to strap them together, but, even more importantly, which direction to turn them. Toes up or toes down?  After consultation with Ed, we both agreed that this was the better look.

I made our Christmas goose about 25 years ago and it has hung outside our door during the Holidays ever since.  It is really beginning to age with the paint deteriorating and I suppose that he needs a complete redo, but I like the vintage weathered look.  It can wait till next year!

Hanging on the inside of the front door is a reminder that this season is a wonderful mixture of faith, magic and glitter!


My mother had this made especially for me and my family by a dear friend, Mrs. Murphy.  She did beautiful ceramic work and I treasure this one immensely.  Her two daughters, Anita and Marlene, were my 2 dearest friends growing up and I think of their very special mom every time I pass by this one.
Once inside the foyer, the nativities are the first thing you see.  I feel it is important to display these representations of the Savior's birth.  We too often forget why we celebrate Christmas, why all this hubbub takes place! They range in age from over 35 years old to just a couple of years in age.  But they are so very special to me.
Now, that's a multitude of Heavenly Hosts!
As you enter the living room, a collection of angels greet you on top of a bookcase. As with the manger scenes, some are vintage 1950's and some are relatively new and I love each and every one of them.  The bottle brush trees, a gift from my sister a couple of years ago, provide a cheery backdrop to all the angels. 

That completes Day 2 of the Christmas House Tour.  I hope you have at least a little something in your own home to remind you every day of this wonderful holiday! Make a comment below to tell us what it is and what it means to you.

Come back next week for another glimpse!  Merry Christmas!





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pam!! I agree that the snowshoes were a great addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is beautiful! Love the snowshoes on the door. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say Thanks for linking up to my holiday open house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can I hang the snow shoes on my door next year??

    ReplyDelete