"Any arbitrary turn along the way and I would be elsewhere; I would be different." ~ Frances Mayes








After losing 112 pounds in almost a year and a half, I have come to realize how very much I was missing. I may be Late to the Party, but I am doing my best to catch up in my own unique way!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Confession Friday - Christmas on the Big Screen

Surprise!  A second Confession Friday for the week!  I tried to warn you!!!!

Let's get right to the meat of the matter.....I can't get enough of Christmas movies!  Just wanted to share a few of those with you.  Yesterday, I shared clips from a couple of versions of A Christmas Carol.  While that is my second all time favorite written Christmas story, it isn't my favorite Christmas movie.  However, I will not reveal that movie to you today, as well as my second favorite now. I am saving that for next week and other insights.  You will just have to wait till then for those.  But I do have a very long list of Christmas related movies that I will share.    I am sure you are just dying to know...if not, that's ok.  I'm writing this anyway!

These are Christmas movies that I love to watch and have been known to pop them in to play during the middle of the summer when I need just a little Christmas spirit to get me through. The following movies are not going to be presented in any particular order, as in where they rank in preference on my list.  Warning:  You might want to run get some popcorn and coke, or a candy bar or some cheese nachos.  Just have fun and enjoy.

The first one I want to share is Elf.  Oh, my gosh, there are so many scenes in this one that I want to share.  I guess the movie trailer will just have to do!


Let's go back in time to the era of Carey Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven for this next one.  The Bishop's Wife is a tale about a charming angel in the form of Carey Grant who has come to help the Bishop (David Niven) get the funding for a grand cathedral and the Bishop's wife (Loretta Young) who is trying to figure out how to help her husband recapture his love for Christmas and why he became a minister in the first place.  David Niven originally wanted to play the angel, but it is my opinion that the casting director got the parts just right.  Here you go!  Enjoy this little nibble from the movie!


Who hasn't seen A Christmas Story? I love the 24 hours it plays on TBS Christmas Eve into Christmas night!


Here's one you may have never seen.  If you ever have the chance to see this short film, do so. The Snowman:

Enchanting!

This is Chevy Chase at his best!  I give you National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.



Let's not forget Bill Murray's SCROOGED!  Bill Murray plays the executive director of a TV channel company which is preparing a live performance of A Christmas Carol that will be shown nationwide on Christmas Eve.  The promo is a hoot!  Bill's reaction is great!  Enjoy....
Movie Videos & Movie Scenes at MOVIECLIPS.com


And two of Bing Crosby's movies are on my list.  The first, The Bells of Saint Mary's isn't a Christmas movie in its entirety, but there are some Christmas scenes in it and it's such a lovely film that I just have to include it.  Charming!  Let it load to see this trailer in full!  Give it a couple of secs. And if you click on the teenie little red circle in the upper right hand corner, it will skip the ad and take you straight to the clip.  I promise!



The second Bing movie is the iconoclastic White Christmas.  What else could it be? And Danny Kaye is a treasure in this one!  Sappy and fun to watch!


A Charlie Brown Christmas makes the lists.  I love this simple little animated classic.  Here's just a short little clip. 


A new classic.  If you haven't seen this one, I think it's about time!  The Polar Express is about belief and faith in things you know can't possibly be true!  Enjoy this trailer!


There are lots more, but I have to end this sometime.  So I leave you with the last for this list this Christmas.  Jim Carey is superb and the ultimate Christmas villain, The Grinch.  And it all takes place on a snowflake!  Enjoy!
Movie Videos & Movie Scenes at MOVIECLIPS.com

If you watched all of my teasers and have run out of popcorn and coke, you can take a potty break.  You deserve it, God bless 'ya!  Thanks for letting me share my latest confession with you! Now go watch a Christmas movie, for Pete's sake, the whole darn thing from start to finish!  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I thought that I was all by myself in loving "The Bishop's Wife"; I boo-hoo every time that I see it! And I love "Polar Express" too!

    ReplyDelete