"Any arbitrary turn along the way and I would be elsewhere; I would be different." ~ Frances Mayes








After losing 112 pounds in almost a year and a half, I have come to realize how very much I was missing. I may be Late to the Party, but I am doing my best to catch up in my own unique way!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A new addition to the blog - What's in a Word?

I love words, or rather, the SOUND that certain words make and the mental snapshots that a single word can bring to the imagination.  I like the combination of words, the richness of language and how some words and phrases roll so easily off the tongue.  Some words are like dessert....rich and full and worth savoring.

“Words are only postage stamps delivering the object for you to unwrap” ~ George Bernard Shaw

So, with that said, I am announcing that each month I will feature "My Word of the Month."  There are some scrapbooking internet divas that pick one single, solitary word for an entire year to feature in their layout pages or in their journaling.  It seems to me that a year is an awful long time to stick with just one word since there are so many to choose from!  Ten words for a decade? 25 words for a quarter of a century?  Either they are extremely limited in their vocabulary or decidely restrictive in choosing.  For me, I would get bored thinking about the same word for 365 days.  I simply cannot be faithful to one word for that long a time.  In thinking about it, I may have a problem concentrating on a word for even a 30 day stretch, so understand that I may pontificate (now there's a word to chew on) on more than one word every month.  The way I see it, this is my blog and I have no hard and fast rules about what I write about, so there!

Be on the lookout for my word for August.  And, yes, this was a terrible, blatant tease to build some anticipation. 

Stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment