"Any arbitrary turn along the way and I would be elsewhere; I would be different." ~ Frances Mayes








After losing 112 pounds in almost a year and a half, I have come to realize how very much I was missing. I may be Late to the Party, but I am doing my best to catch up in my own unique way!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Confession Friday - FIFTY!

I swear that Fridays come around faster every passing week!

So what's the confession for the week?  Hmmmm.....

Life is good. Very, very good.  Not perfect, mind you.  Still, all in all, pretty damn good, despite lack of money, lack of time, lack of sleep.
But there are other things that more than make up the "lack of's".  Great friends, loving family, too many interests to count, hearth and home, wonderful husband, closet full of clothes, good car, plenty to eat.  Yes, I am blessed.


At 58 and counting, 115 pounds lighter than 2 years ago, most days I don't physically feel like I am closing in on the BIG 6-0.  And inside my head, I feel like I am still in my 30's.  You do know, don't you, that 60 is the "New 40" and I guess that is where I am. 

My sister, De, put me on to this and it pretty much expresses who I am today!  Enjoy:



I'm FIFTY!  Ok, almost SIXTY!  Isn't it great?  Life is sweet.  Life is short, just like this blog today.  But I just had to share.  So, to De...thanks for idea!  We are the O'Malley sisters!  Just in time for St. Paddy's Day, too.  Hope you feel as good as we do!  Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I just turned 50 in January and I wish I could have posted this clip on my blog. That's too funny.

    Happy Friday! La

    ReplyDelete