"Any arbitrary turn along the way and I would be elsewhere; I would be different." ~ Frances Mayes








After losing 112 pounds in almost a year and a half, I have come to realize how very much I was missing. I may be Late to the Party, but I am doing my best to catch up in my own unique way!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Something to aspire to.....

Just to clarify things for those that are uncertain and don't know me, the title picture isn't me even though some days I feel that old.  In my wildest imagination I wish I were that free-spirited and uninhibited. This little lady above perfectly embodies how I want to age and pass over to the other side: "I don't want to die quietly.  I want to slide into 'home base' with a martini in one hand, chocolate bar in the other, screaming 'YOOHOO!'"

And since I like to personalize the unknown, I'm having a contest!  Help me name my stellar example.  I am open for any suggestions.  Be creative, be silly, be whatever.  Just go for it and leave a comment at the end of this post.  Sorry to say there is no grand prize, except for the honor of being the first contest winner here on Late to the Party.  I suppose I need a deadline.....let's say Sunday, June 6th at 8:00 p.m. Check back here to see who won!  If no one enters, I will go to my default name I have picked out, which will remain a mystery till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment